Please understand that I am sincere and really want to know when I ask "why?"
What reasons are you grateful for? For what reasons are you grateful? I don't know LOL.
I'm in another "what difference does it make, if I can't manage to be faithful now, I will just be an unfaithful Orthodox person." mood.
I know this wasn't addressed to me but I have to respond. It's compulsive!

Honestly, though, I am so grateful to know what my path actually is. "Remember God. Say your prayers. Go to Church. Forgive your brother. Keep the commandments." I've heard that same thing so many times from so many people since I've studied Orthodoxy. For some reason, it was so complicated before. I had to be so careful that I wasn't doing this that or the other thing. That I believed this or that or didn't believe this or that. Blah blah blah ad nauseaum ad infinitum.
It's such a relief to not have to do anything but "Remember God. Say your prayers. Go to Church. Forgive your brother. Keep the commandments."
Even though it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
Now I have a map ((the words of the Fathers ancient and modern)), a light ((the Church and Her Traditions)), people to travel with ((y'all
)), a connection with people who have already arrived ((the saints)) and a goal beyond "getting to Heaven" ((the aforementioned list)).I love Orthodoxy!
And now I am crying. ~toddles off to find a tissue~
No comments:
Post a Comment