Oh my God.
Honestly, I am crying. And not because a democrat won.
Because America has elected a black man as president.
I never ever expected that in my lifetime.
Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy. Lord grant wisdom. On him. On us. On me.
But I would be lying if I wasn't feeling totally and completely and unexpectedly joyful about this.
ETA: Yes I did wake Gabriel for this
1 comment:
I share your excitement about this aspect of the election. It is truly wonderful that we have moved as a people to this point!
I'm slightly less excited about the prospect of some of President-Elect Obama's stated policies. I hope his administration will exceed all of my expectations in this regard. That would be something new and different for politicians to do. :-)
And I echo your prayer (as we do in every divine service): Lord, have mercy on our new president and all of our civil authorities!
Post a Comment