"It is not as a child that I believe and confess Jesus Christ. My hosanna is born of a furnace of doubt."Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers KaramazovI guess I don't entirely trust God. I never doubt Him, but His motives are too beyond me. Through a glass darkly and all that. Just once I'd like to see through the damn glass clearly.Anita Blake, Bloody BonesWhen one does not know what to say, it is a time to be silent.King Mongkut, The King and I
I wonder a lot about God. I mean, He undoubtedly has reasons for the things He does and allows but sometimes I am not sure what the heck I'm supposed to do with the little bits He reveals to me. Sometimes I just let them lie. I mean, to paraphrase one of my favorite lines, when one does not know what to do, it is a time to do nothing.
Maybe that's not the best attitude to take but sometimes I feel like I am being assaulted from all sides with information, ideas, thoughts and "words from God" that I can't even breathe. Now personally, I'm not into the "I have a word from God for you" set but I know these folks are just doing what they think is good and right. But when what someone says kind of lines up with what is going on in my life and what I have been praying about I can't just dismiss it.
This is Bright Week, coming out of the 40 days of prayer and feasting to celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord. Hopefully there will be clarity in the Light.
Christ has risen from the dead, trampling down death by death and upon those in the tomb bestowing life!
1 comment:
Truly He is risen! Blessed Bright Week, Elzabeta!
~Janelle
Post a Comment