And now, my daughter, do not be afraid; I will do for you all that you ask, for all the assembly of my people know that you are a worthy woman.Ruth 3:11
Today, I realized I was whining. The past year and a half has been especially difficult in some areas and today I indulged in some whining about it. The I realized I have been whining for quite some time. I don't know when I began to whine at God. I haven't done that in quite some time I don't think. Today, however, I think He and I both had had quite enough of it.It came to my mind that I never let Gabriel whine at me about stuff, even stuff he actually needs. I can't stand it! Folks who whine and play the victim just scrape my nerves raw. It simply makes me want to scream when I hear that high-pitched wheedling tone. I hate it! Well, today, the Lord let me know (in His very gentle way) that He was quite done listening to me whine, thank you very much and I needed to quit. Now.
After all, He has done, and more than done, what He promised me He would do. My whine-fest was nothing but an irritant and an indication of faithlessness. The Lord has done me nothing but good for me the past few years and I would do well to remember that. He has often called His people to remember what He has done. When you do not deliberately remember, you end up whining instead of standing in faith upon what He has said.
This past weekend (48 hours) my son and I had a great 2,880 minutes (48 x 60min) with close friends. Within that 2,880, there were about 20 minutes that were really sucky. We were n the periphery of the suck-fest, but even on the periphery it was pretty bad. Gabriel was convinced that tiny bit of time had ruined the entire weekend! I had to show him, using a calculator, just how little time had really been taken up by that incident. His whole perspective changed just knowing that such a little bit of time had passed compared to the entire amount of time we had to spend with our friends.
Deliberately recalling that only the smallest bit of my recent life has been, well, less than ideal...brings things into perspective. I know my Father has a plan for me, a plan to do me good and and not evil. I just have to remember to be obedient (hear and do) to the path He has me walking. That is all. He will take care of the rest.
He said He would. Why would He stop doing as He said now?
My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast,Psalm 63:5-8
and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
when I think of you on my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.
Relevant Reading,
Ruth 3
Psalm 63:5-8
A New Perspective
Just Live Your Life!
He Speaks, I Listen
From Homily 36 of St. Isaac the Syrian
2 comments:
Everything is going to be OK. God bless.
Thank you, Clint!
Post a Comment