09 July 2012

What If...?

What if nothing is wrong?

What if the pain, the frustration, the disappointment, the irritation, the injustice is purposeful?

What if where I am right now is exactly where God intends for me to be?

What if there is nothing to fix because this is what God has for me right now?

What then?

Can I accept it?

Will I accept it?

Or will I waste the pain?
I know that you have many sorrows and much...unpleasantness. But tell and enlighten yourself with the remembrance that in hell it is much worse, more wearying and doleful, and there is no hope of deliverance from it. If a person endures sorrows with submission to God’s will, confessing his sins, then he will through this be delivered from eternal torments. Therefore we had better endure unpleasantries here, no matter how difficult they are, turning our grief over to God and praying to Him with humility that He deliver us from faintheartedness and despair, which are the worst of all sins.
~ Elder Ambrose of Optina
If you want to serve God, prepare your heart not for food, not for drink, not for rest, not for ease, but for suffering, so that you may endure all temptations, trouble and sorrow. Prepare for severities, fasts, spiritual struggles and many afflictions, for "by many afflictions is it appointed to us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven" (Acts 14,22); "The Heavenly Kingdom is taken by force, and the who use force seize it". (Matt 11:12) 
~ St. Sergius of Radonezh, Life, 10

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

Relevant Reading
Acts 14:22
Matthew 11:7-15

No comments: