10 December 2012

Even Hitler Liked Dogs


I fail miserably at this sometimes. There are times when I try so hard to remember good things about people but sometimes I just cannot. Heck there are sometimes I just will not. I don't know why exactly. I mean, even Hitler was kind to dogs, right? That was something somewhat decent about the man. I could think about how he was a better dog-trainer than I will ever be.

Does it mean I have to like him as a human being?

These are the things I think about late at night. Some folks I can think good things about--they are better teachers, better librarians, better students...But then some folks I can't come up with anything at all and that kind of bothers me. So how do I get around that to recalling anything decent about them?

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner

Relevant Reading
St. Tikhon of Zadonsk
Heel, Hitler

No comments: