01 January 2013

Happy New Year!

 Wow! What a year 2012 was. I am so glad to have a clean slate to look forward to, but as I look behind me I am not overly displeased with this past year. Twenty-twelve was a remarkable year of learning for me: learning how to rely on the Lord's provision; learning how to be grateful for what was given; learning humility and graciousness; learning that my plans for my life might not be His.

It was hard and I whined. A lot. It didn't do me a lot of good.

It was hard and I prayed. A lot. That did me a whole lot more good.

I think I will continue to do what worked and stop doing what didn't.

God is good all the time and He is and had been gracious, so very gracious to me in the past 12 months. I can only imagine what He has in store for the next twelve months. I have my own goals and plans (not resolutions mind you. I don't do resolutions) but I am flexible enough to realize God has His own plans for me and my son in mind. He may or may not share them with me.

I'll just try not to whine too much about it.

O Master, Lord our God, the Source of life and immortality, the Author of all created things both visible and invisible, Who has established all seasons and times by Your own authority and Who directs all things with Your all-wise and all-gracious providence: We thank You for Your bounties, which You have poured out upon us during our life that is past. And we entreat You, O all-bountiful Lord: Bless the crown of the New Year by Your goodness. Bestow Your good things from above upon all Your people, as also health, salvation and good furtherance in all things. Deliver Your Holy Church, this city and all cities and countryside from every evil assault, and vouchsafe unto them peace and tranquility; and grant that we may always offer thanksgiving unto You, the unoriginate Father, together with Your only-begotten Son and Your all-holy, good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.


Lord have mercy upon me, a sinner.

No comments: