I often look at my boy and hope I am not setting him up for years of therapy after he graduates. After all, he has a lot to put up with, not the least of which are his crazy parents. Yep. Both of us. Stark raving mad for various and sundry reasons. I look back on the last few years and wonder why my son hasn't drop kicked both of us to the curb.
He hasn't though. My boy is the epitome patience and grace far beyond his age and whacked out circumstances. I can only attribute this to the intercession of his angel, his saints, and the Theotokos herself. God has kept him safe and sound overall and for this I am so grateful.
As this year progresses, there will be more changes in his life. He's going into middle school. I'm finally progressing in my career after a painful year of unemployment and job hunting. Life goes on, of course. Everywhere and always there is change. I pray to God, and ask the intercession of the saints and the Theotokos, that there will be less pain and so much grace for him going forward.
Singing of Thy loving-kindness, I pray Thee, who feeds and hast mercy on my child; cease not to intercede for him with Thy Son, for I believe that all is possible for Thee, and do Thou fulfill these my entreaties:
Raise my child to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Raise my child to be found on the right hand at the Judgement Seat of Thy Son.
Raise my child to live in a holy manner.
Raise my child to dwell securely on the path of faith by the grace of the Spirit of God.
Raise my child to dwell securely on the path of faith by the grace of the Spirit of God.
Raise my child to hunger and thirst insatiably for the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit.
Raise my child to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect.
Raise my child, O Lady, to be made worthy of the Kingdom of Heaven and make him an heir of eternal blessings.
Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.
Relevant Reading
Akathist to the Mother of God, Nurturer of Children
How to Teach Your Children to Love God


1 comment:
Sweet!
Post a Comment