07 February 2009

Confessed

O Almighty and Merciful God, I truly thank thee for the forgiveness of my sins; bless me O Lord, and help me always, that I may ever do that which is pleasing to Thee, and sin no more. Amen.

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.”
1 John 1:8, 9

Confession today. As always, when Fr laid his epitrachelion over me, I truly felt the weight of my sins was lifted and tomorrow at Eucharist I will probably cry. Fr doesn't deny anyone Eucharist just because one hasn't confessed recently, but every time I take Communion after confession, I can tell a difference in me. I wish I could keep that "clean" feeling always but I know I will tarnish myself within a day or so. Heck I have already done so.

Interesting. My first instinct is to say, "But that's okay". The thing is, it's not okay. It's not alright that the tarnish will come. That is not what I, what any of us who bear the image of God Himself, should be resigned to. I don't want to say "But that's okay." God never intended for the pinnacle of His creation to be "okay" with their sin. We aren't supposed to live with it because, hey we're only human and that's what we do. La lala lala.

Sin is death. It's a horrible horrible thing. It corrupts everything. Nothing sinful, read as "full of sin" is good. Nothing good can come of being in sin. Nothing. Sin is death. That particular death isn't just "not breathing anymore" but is separation from the Living God. Having He Who put the galaxies and stars in motion forget about me.

About the last thing in the world I want is for the Lord to forget me. What else is Hell be but being forgotten by That Which is Good in all of Existence? And I can create this for myself simply by being "okay with" those things He says He wants to forget.

Lord have mercy. I've thought about it and I honestly do not think I would even wish that on someone I revile most in the world.

Thank you, Father, for the sacrament of Confession. Help me to truly turn from my sins, not thing that they are "okay," and to seek to please You and You only. Amen.

Relevant Verses
Genesis 1:26
1 John 1:8,9

1 comment:

M. Akamau said...

Amen. Well said, sister.