Just a lot of things on my mind and I am not sure why. Or what half the time. So many things have happened over the past couple of weeks since I started preparing for Lent (and let's not mention the past couple of years) that I can hardly stand it. With all that's coming out it's obvious that I have a lot to focus on this season.
O Lord and Master of my life!
Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk.
But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to Thy servant.
Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother;
For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen
The Lenten Prayer of St Ephraim
It's pretty much normal for this time to be difficult but this year seems to have really kicked it up a notch. From finances to personal to mental to parental to life in general, things are just a hot mess with me and I can't even begin to figure out why. The main issue I have lately is passivity. I can't seem to bring myself to do more than the minimum required to live. Everything is a huge exhausting effort.
That I recognize for what it is and I have ways to combat it but the whole thing is just such an effort. What does that mean? Well some people say I need to move more.
I say I need to find a nice warm blankie and get under it.
Lord have mercy on me a sinner.
Relevant Reading
2 comments:
I think when a lot of things get worse at once it's natural to become passive incase you make them even worse than they already are. And I'm with you on the blanky :)
Continued prayers for you, Elizabeth.
The akathist is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. (How DO you find such gems? :) )
Post a Comment