28 January 2010

Mom

Alberta Gatling
3 May 1937 - 25 January 1995

“In God and in His Church there is no distinction between the living and the departed, but all are one in the love of the Father. Whether we are alive or whether we are dead, as a member of the Church we still belong to the same family, and still have a duty to bear one another’s burdens. Therefore just as Orthodox Christians here on earth pray for one another and ask one another’s prayers, so they pray for the faithful departed, and ask for the faithful departed to pray for them. Death cannot sever the bond of mutual love which links the members of the Church together”-
The Orthodox Church by Met. Kallistos Ware

3 comments:

Janelle thegeekywife said...

May her memory be eternal!

What a joyful photo.

Anonymous said...

May her memory be eternal.

thank you for your post on my blog. Grieving is just so very hard. My kids are able to link their emotions to their behaviour and talk through it all..I struggle with that. When my dad died I was 22..I was his caretaker through his illness, and I spent a good part of the year following hiding in my bedroom, and trying so hard to get through the pain. Obviously I know I cant or shouldnt do that now..but there are just so many more responsibilities that I have at the moment...and Im not sure how much to do or not do. You know?

Elzabet said...

Alana - ~Many many hugs~ and I definitely do. Just be gentle with yourself when it comes instead of shoving it aside. That will make a world of difference.