28 June 2011

Apropos of Yesterdays' Post


“I was regretting the past and fearing the future.
Suddenly God was speaking: 
“My name is I Am.”
I waited and God continued:
“When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets, 
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I was.
When you live in the future, with its problems and fears, 
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I will be.
When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I Am.”
— Helen Mellincost



Lord have mercy on me a sinner.

2 comments:

Clint said...

Excellent. We need to remember this.

Mining for Diamonds said...

Scott talks about this ALL the time...forgetting the past, not worrying about the future. Philippians 3:13. One thing he says that I think is so profound is that satan cannot dwell in the "present" because that is where God "is". Instead, he tries to trip us up by our past and tempt us to fret about the future. So true! I need this reminder all the time. Thanks for sharing!