Aenea: "When I was a kid...and I knew that I'd have to go through some of this stuff...I was always wondering what message I was going to give humankind...I kept working on it trying to get it as short and important as the Sermon on the Mount. Then I realized that was no good...like trying to out-write Shakespeare--so I decided that my message should be shorter...I got my message down to thirty five words. Too long. Then to twenty seven. Still too long. After a few years, I had it down to ten. Still too long. Eventually I boiled it down to two words...Choose Again."Aenea (& Raul Endymion), The Rise of Endymion, p 461-463
Raul: "Care to elaborate on that?"
Aenea: "No...but name a category and you get the idea."
Raul: "Religion."
Aenea: "Choose Again."
Raul: "Political systems."
Aenea: "Choose Again."
It will soon be time for me to Choose Again.
A couple of years ago, I threw myself off a cliff and followed where I truly believed the Lord was leading me and I ended up pursuing a Masters degree in Library Science. How I could go 20+ years without knowing I should be an academic librarian I will never know but I finally figured it out, praise God! I'm even thinking of pursuing a higher degree, not because I like school so darn much (although I do) but because there is so much more to learn about this subject and so many ways to apply it. Who knows? Maybe I will add PhD, LL.M (Master of Laws) or JD (Juris Doctor) behind my name in a couple of years.
Four years ago next month, I went to a Bible study and God promised me that in spite of the dramedy I was living through (and would continue to live through, YEESH!) at the time He would care for me and for Gabriel and make sure that we were safe and provided for. Over and over again He has provided for me, protected me, built me up and kept me from falling into traps. He did this by promising me what He would do and then letting me choose to follow His lead and then choose again to follow Him and to choose yet again to follow Him.
Some of what He encouraged me to do (give up, leave behind, pursue, run from, fight against, hold close, kick to the curb like a used kleenex) scared me spitless. I praise Him for my friends and family who stood with me until I was able to choose again to do what I had already chosen to do in spite of my fears.
This particular part of my odyssey is almost over and I will choose again to follow where He leads me. There are so many more options available to me now than there were just a few years ago. I am more confident about myself and my choices than I have been in years and all because I've made it a point to "Choose Again" to follow God.
Lord have mercy on me, a sinner!
Relevant Reading
The Hyperion Cantos
Isaiah 54
Ruth 3:11
No comments:
Post a Comment