07 June 2012

Fear...

...sometimes it makes us do things that are stupid beyond all mortal ken. Sometimes it makes us brave. Sometimes it makes us brave enough to do things that look stupider beyond all mortal ken to any eyes besides our own. I want to be brave, not stupid.

And I don't particularly care what people think about the things I do anymore.
I lift my eyes unto the hills.
Where does my help come from?
The Flight of Hamwings by Ursulav
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow [my] foot to be moved;
He who keeps [me] will not slumber.
Behold, He who watches over Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord shall protect [me];
    the Lord is [my] shelter at [my] right hand.
The sun shall not burn [me] by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve [me] from all evil;
    the Lord shall preserve [my] soul.
The Lord shall preserve [my] going out and [my] coming in
    from this time forth, and forevermore.
~Psalm 121
O guard my life and deliver me;
   do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
May integrity and uprightness preserve me,
    for I wait for you
~ Psalm 25:20-21
Vindicate me, O Lord,
   for I have walked in my integrity,
   and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
   test my heart and mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
   and I walk in faithfulness to you...
..But as for me, I walk in my integrity;
   redeem me, and be gracious to me.
My foot stands on level ground;
   in the great congregation I will bless the Lord.
~Psalm 26:1-3, 11-12

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.






Relevant Reading
Psalm 121
Isaiah 54:4-8
Psalm 25
Psalm 26
The Flight of Hamwings

No comments: