13 August 2013

Dammit, I'm not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl!

Kate Winslet as Clementine



 "Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours." ~ Clementine, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind






I've had quite enough of being the Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Too many guys have assigned me that role in their life and I've allowed it. I'm done with that crazy. 

Look, I'm a mess, too. Try being my Manic Pixie Dream Boy for half a minute and you will see how frakkin' insulting that role is. 

I will not complete you.

I will not show you the magic inherent in the universe. 

I will piss you off, hope you think, make you angry, enjoy things you don't, and do things you don't like, understand or approve of. And I probably won't care that you don't like, understand or approve of them. Much. 

This does not mean I don't love you.

Welcome to being a grown up in a grown up relationship.

Lord have mercy on me a sinner.

Relevant Reading
Manic Pixie Dream Girl - TV Tropes
Manic Pixie Dream Girl - Wikipedia
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

No comments: