25 August 2013

Fear is the Mind Killer

I must not fear.
Even Battle Hamsters recite the Litany
Shamelessly lifted from Red Wombat Studio
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
The Bene-Gesserit Litany Against Fear

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love."

"...I remind you to rekindle the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands; for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline."

Relevant Reading
Dune, Frank Herbert
The Bene Gesserit
The Litany Against Fear

1 comment:

Lora Dolores said...

So true! Great Post!