24 January 2014

It's That Time Again

Memory Eternal Mom
May 3, 1932 - January 22, 1995

 Remember also, O Lord, all those who have fallen asleep and reposed in the priesthood and in the order of laity. Graciously, O Lord, repose all their souls in the bosom of our holy fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, sustain them in a green pasture, by the water of rest in the paradise of joy, the place our of which grief, sorrow and groaning have fled away in the light of your saints.
Those, O Lord, and everyone whose names we have mentioned, and those whose names we have not mentioned, those whom each one has in mind, and those who are not in our minds, those who have fallen asleep and reposed in the faith of Christ, graciously, 
O Lord, remember the souls of your servants. Amen.

This is the woman who taught me how to be Full of Awesome. She didn't call it that, but that is what she taught me. I forgot those lessons for a while but I am slowly relearning these lessons. Some of those lessons include:
  • Never lie to yourself.
  • Never pretend to be something you are not.
  • Remember what you are and who you came from.
  • Fear God, honor the [President], love those around you.
I think she got it right. There are one or two things she did that I learned not to do, but that does not take away from what she taught me to do and who she raised me to be. I stopped being that person for a long time and I still have not come back fully to that, but I have found the path again. I hope I have not disappointed her too much with my little side trips. She did warn me. I didn't listen. I used to bed good at not listening. I've learned better. When someone tells you not to do something...sometimes it's best to listen.

After all, she loved me.

Thank you, mom. Stand with the Theotokos and pray to God for me and mine.

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

Relevant Reading
1 Peter 2:13-17
Waking Up Full of Awesome

No comments: