02 September 2015

Political Correctness and Hypocrisy

I recently had to rant about a few things. A person I am acquainted with on a message board was accused of cultural appropriation because she (a non-Jew) was wearing her head-covering in a Jewish style.

Really? REALLY???

Frankly I am tired of folks assigning negative intent to every single blinking thing other people do. Sometimes a scarf is just a scarf and a hairstyle is just a hairstyle. I am SO very tired of the words "microagression", "cultural appropriation", and "sensitivity". I could just spit. Some of these sensitive folks need to take a long walk off a short dock and quit masturbating their purposeless lives by protecting folks who don't need or want their freaking protection. Sometimes people just need to mind their own business.

And on top of that people need to just be kind.

Leveling accusations at people you don't know is not kind. Get over yourself. You aren't a freakin' mind reader.

The really ironic thing is that the main culprits of these sorts of accusations tend to be appropriators of the worst kind.

If you are eating food from another culture than your own--I think you're appropriating. So next time your friends ask you what you want for supper, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Korean, Mexican, Cuban are all out. Because...appropriation.

If you are wearing a kilt or any plaid, stop now. Appropriation.

Do you have a poncho? I suggest you take it back because, well, you know.

Taking a yoga class? Tai chi? Any non-American martial art? Shame on you!

Do you see where this goes? I mean how about we think someone is just admiring something enough to actually want to do it themselves instead of assuming someone is being evil?

Sometimes people need to grow some skin instead of being so damned sensitive for other people who honestly don't care that much about what folks do with themselves.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled blog drifting.

Lord have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments: