"You see, the fly only knows where the unclean things are, while the honeybee knows where the beautiful iris or hyacinth is.
As I have come to understand, some people resemble the honeybee and some resemble the fly. Those who resemble the fly seek to find evil in every circumstance and are preoccupied with it; they see no good anywhere. But those who resemble the honeybee only see the good in everything they see. The stupid person thinks stupidly and takes everything in the wrong way, whereas the person who has good thoughts, no matter what he sees, no matter what you tell him, maintains a positive and good thought."
~ + St. Paisios of Mt. Athos, “Good and Evil Thoughts,” Spiritual Counsels III: Spiritual Struggle
I try to be the bee. That is what I strive for. It's not that hard to seek that which is good. I am always Looking for Something Good. I tend to find whatever it is that is good whan I look for it. I also tend to find whatever is icky when I look for it. I decided a few years ago to seek joy.
Joy smells better.
By no means does this mean everything is hunky dorey, sunshine and puppy dogs. What it means is that I seek the sun. I seek the blessing of God; His Holy Face and not just His Hand. I expect to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I am always Looking for Something Good! He has said that He delights in me and I have been given a calling and a new name to live up to.
Alleluia! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Relevant Reading
By no means does this mean everything is hunky dorey, sunshine and puppy dogs. What it means is that I seek the sun. I seek the blessing of God; His Holy Face and not just His Hand. I expect to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I am always Looking for Something Good! He has said that He delights in me and I have been given a calling and a new name to live up to.
Alleluia! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Relevant Reading

No comments:
Post a Comment