08 January 2020

Day the First of #bloginstead

"Who's got a blog and wants to try an experiment with me?
Here's what I have in mind. Round up as many people with blogs as I can, and have us all follow each other's blogs. Then, for 3 days, we communicate via our blogs INSTEAD of social media. We post on our blogs the way we'd post here - informal, chatty, what's up at the moment, stream of consciousness, whatever it is that constitutes a conversation for you at the time. Everyone in the group reads everyone in the group, and we visit by commenting on posts. Anyone who doesn't have a blog but wants to join in commenting is very welcome. After 3 days, we decide what, if anything, we've discovered."
~ Melinda Johnson
So I decided to participate in a thing. Look at me. Joining.

I have a lot of opinions and thoughts about things, but for a while now I've just let them fly from the id. To quote Nomad (let the reader understand), "That unit is defective. It's thinking is chaotic. Absorbing it unsettled me...A mass of conflicting impulses." I'm thinking and feeling so many things at once sometimes that it is hard to put them into any kind of order so EVERYTHING becomes stream of consciousness.

It's unsettling.

Do not like.

So I'm going to do that here for the next three days (see date stamp).

For anyone following me for this, beware. I can get rather...salty. And prolific.

#bloginstead #3daysinthewilds

Relevant Reading 
Id (Britannica article)
Nomad on Women
List of Bloggers to Follow

3 comments:

Lydia Writing said...

YAY!
This is Melinda. For mysterious Blogger reasons, when I show up on Blogger sites, it will only refer to me as Lydia Writing, which was my blogger blog way back in the way back. But it's still just me. I'm glad you're here!

Nicole said...

Hi Elizabeth! Love the quote you shared about thinking being unsettling. So many of us can relate to that! I enjoy blogging and longer-form writing is nice because it forces us to ground our thoughts and be responsive rather than reactive. Nice to connect with you here! --Nicole Roccas, www.nicoleroccas.com

Catherine Holder said...

I am here for salty and prolific! Off to go read :)