
Tsa-wa-ke, Looking for Something Good, was too beautiful to have been produced by chance. Her features looked as though they had been carved in cedar by a master, then rubbed smooth and oiled until they glowed and flowed in graceful curves from her rounded chin to ther vaulting black eyebrows.I love internet quizzes. I take random quizzes just to entertain myself and see if I can fool the quiz or if the answer will be what I think it is. It's a moderate amount of fun and makes for a good time waster when I need to be doing something (anything) else.
Ride the Wind, Lucia St Clair Robson, p57
I recently took one called, "What's Your Indian [Native American] Name" and got the result Star Willow or something lame like that. I mean it was pretty but rather, ah, stereotypical. When I took it, I remembered this book I read a million years ago who had a name that really struck me. Tsa-wa-ke, Looking for Something Good. She was tall, beautiful, intelligent, fun-loving and (as eventually revealed) flawed. In other words, she was human.
I too could claim that name. I am also "Looking for Something Good". So much has happened since the bomb dropped a couple of years ago that I think I have just been waiting for the smoke to clear and the ejecta to quit falling. Now the damage has been assessed and the triage completed, it is time to move away from Ground Zero and quit going back to poke at the destruction.
By no means does this mean everything is hunky dorey, sunshine and puppy dogs. What it means is that I see sun! I see blessing! I expect to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!
I am Looking for Something Good! I am Holy and Redeemed! I am Sought Out and Not Forsaken! I am Delighted In and Worthy! I have been given a calling and a new name!
Alleluia! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
Relevant Verses
Ruth 3:11
Psalm 40
Psalm 55
Isaiah 54
Isaiah 62 (Isaiah 62:2)
Revelation 2:17
Revelation 3:12
2 comments:
It's so nice to read!
Something Good is surely coming
So glad to read this. :) I know how hard it is. Keep on truckin' as the saying goes.
I agree with Nathia; something Good is surely coming.
Post a Comment