To have faith in Christ means more than simply despising the delights of this life. It means we should bear all our daily trials that may bring us sorrow, distress, or unhappiness, and bear them patiently for as long as God wishes and until He comes to visit us. For it is said, “I waited on the Lord and He came to me.”
~ St. Symeon the New Theologian
~ St. Symeon the New Theologian
Thank you, Maria, so much for that quote. This has been a rather hard month for me, financially, emotionally, physically. (Beware I'm unloading here)
My back has really been hurting and I'm looking at the possibility of surgery (I got the results of the MRI and it isn't pretty). The truck needs tires. I had to pay some unexpected bills and etc etc etc ad nauseaum, ad infinitum. Isn't that always the case?
Anyway, I've been really feeling it right now and this quote really hit the spot. I went to confession recently, realizing that some of my problems are of my own causing--I mean really, does a fish need a bicycle? Does a rhino need a lightsaber? Then why am I trying to supply my personal fishes and rhinos with bicycles and lightsabers??? Doesn't sound like wisdom to me.
~heavy, heavy sigh~
~heavy, heavy sigh~
Lord have mercy on me a sinner.
Please pray for me.
2 comments:
St Panteleimon, intercede for Elzabet. Lord, have mercy on her and her doctors.
I've had a bulging disk since age 21 (5 years), but it seems your pain is much worse. I hope you can avoid surgery. Have you had any luck with physical therapy or is your back too far gone for that? :(
Instead of giving a rhino a lightsaber, feel free to send any extras to me. :)
Thankyou for your prayers! I haven't begun therapy yet. I'm starting with some exercises the dr gave me.
And I have plenty of lightsabers, believe you me!
Post a Comment