02 July 2010

Happy Belated!

ACK! I failed to post a birthday for my boy!! He's all of EIGHT YEARS OLD now!! How did that happen? The years go by so quickly. I remember when he was so tiny I could hold him in the crook of one arm. Now he can take up an entire queen sized bed by himself! (I know this from painful experience! LOL!)

Praise the Lord for my son who is very much loved and wanted!

Gabriel's birthday, 30 June, is also the day we celebrate the synaxis (meaning "gathering together") of the Twelve Apostles. It always makes me feel good to be able to ask these mighty men of God to pray for my boy. He couldn't have better heavenly god-parents!

Apolytikion in the Third Tone
O Holy Apostles, intercede to our merciful God, that He may grant our souls forgiveness of sins.

Kontakion in the Second Tone
O Lord, receive the steadfast and divinely voiced preachers, the pinnacle of Your disciples, unto their rest and the enjoyment of Your blessings. You received, above every offering, their labors and their life. You alone know what the heart holds.

Happy (Belated) Birthday to Gabriel! 
God Grant him many many more years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy really belated Birthday to your loved and wanted son! :)

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Many years to Gabriel! Coincidentally, it's his name day today! (July 13)