I never knew how many friends I had until everything went kablooie. They've picked me up, driven me around, held me while I cried, delivered good swift kicks to my rear end, and just plain loved me through my mess and ridiculousness to this point. Without them, I truly believe I would have sunken into some kind of mess that there would be no climbing out of.
And they never let me down. When I had surgery last month and was unable to drive but was forced to because of various circumstances, folks stepped up to the plate and said we will help you because we know your situation. Yes, I had a couple of good cries about that because these weren't only people who could make their own schedule; a lot of these folks had to take off work, rearrange their lives, and pretty much jump through flaming hoops for me.
For me. The chiefest of sinners. And for Gabriel, my son. I know I do not deserve the blessing of all the people who have stood by me, and who continue to stand by me to this day. You are part my life and you are family, and I am so blessed, lucky, favored, fortunate, whatever to have been allowed to know all of you. The list includes so many people that I won't even try to name you all because I will inevitably leave someone out. I love you all. Thank you so much for your help when things went kablooie the past couple of weeks. After the past couple of years of my weird, you guys seriously iced the cake on this one!

This list, by the way, also includes people I have never met in real life! These people--all over the world even!!--who uphold me in prayer daily; including the priests, deacons, and monastics, and one very special Bishop (rock on, Your Grace!) and so many other lay people. Thank you for remembering me. Your prayers have been the foundation on which I brace myself for whatever assaults come my way and each time I have been able to stand firm and not only survive, but thrive.
So...Thank you. I am blessed beyond my ability to describe. God grant you all many. many years! Thank you for reminding me what friendship truly is and for being there as I've walked this road. God only knows what would have become of me if I had to do everything alone.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
For if they fall, one will lift up the other;
but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help.
Again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone?
And though one might prevail against another, two will withstand one.
A threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Lord have mercy on me, a sinner!
Relevant Reading
Somethin's Comin'
I Love My Friends
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Psalm 55
No comments:
Post a Comment