27 December 2011

Faithful and True

"When harmed, insulted or persecuted by someone, do not think of the present but wait for the future, and you will find He has brought you much good, not only in this life but also in the life to come." ~ St. Mark the Ascetic 
This year the Lord has been so good to me. I cannot even begin to list what He has done. All I know is that He helped me get through yet another year with too little income, a part-time student job, false accusations, and broken oaths.

I have my son, my home,  my degree, and a bright future.

He has fulfilled every word He promised to me on that cold October evening in 2007. How can I possibly believe He would fail me going forward into 2012 and beyond?

I am so thankful to Him for all of it. Even the hard parts, because the hard parts are where I grew the most. Now I am seeing the fruit of that growth and I cannot fathom what else there might be in store for me come tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

God has been so good to me. Thank You, Father for the mercy You had on me, a sinner.

Relevant Reading
St Mark the Ascetic
Something's Comin'
Isaiah 54
Isaiah 62

2 comments:

Clint said...

This post contains deep words of timeless wisdom. God bless you.

Elzabet said...

Thank you, Clint! I've discovered being simply grateful opens up so much blessing from God. :o) Happy New Year!