08 January 2010

My Dog Thinks I'm Crazy

I've started exercising in the morning and poor Chelsea is a little discombobulated. She sticks her face in my face when I am low enough, she whines, she lays down and stares, she puts her paw on me in her "stop" position, she sits on me. I seriously think she is concerned about me doing these strange movements. giggle

I think that is what bothers a lot of people when you genuinely try to do something new with God. Or what seems new to them. They get in your face. They stare. They whine. They try to stop you anyway they can. They tell you everything you are doing wrong and point out where you fail to live up to your own words and desires...

It's quite amusing really. You see, they just think I'm crazy.

I know I'm crazy. I know I'm no saint. I know I fall short daily, hourly, second by second I fall short. And yet I keep on trying. I must be nuts!

As a sign in a car I saw once said, "I may be messy and misplace things, but that's okay because nobody dies from it and God still loves me."

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments: