02 June 2010

To Whom It May Concern

For the record and because a statement has been made about this post, I want to say that I've never claimed to be "an abused wife" and neither have I ever claimed to have been the perfect wife. I have admitted to my mistakes before the God I failed in open confession with my priest and before the man I failed and my personal counselors.

Some of the accusations leveled at me, however, are pure bullsh!t and I will not stand for them. They are pure slander. And that is all I will say about that.

This story is going to be different from whichever perspective you choose to look at it. Only by seeing all sides of a story can the truth ever be understood. This is the truth I lived with. I don't coat it with honey for anyone, least of all myself. Having more of it inflicted on me is nothing I am willing to bear any longer.

My journey is not about vengeance nor is it about seeking retribution. My journey is about me working out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). So look to your own salvation and I'll see to mine.

Praise God that He has called me worthy and His is the only opinion I care about. The things I hear only reinforce His word to me.

Thank you for your input. God bless you and yours and bring you peace.

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

7 comments:

Lisa Alexander said...

Amen and amen!!

Miss Tilney said...

I thought it was a lovely post and in no way did I get the impression you were pretending to have been hard done by. I hope it all calms down very soon.

Anonymous said...

I do too.
I deeply hope it all calms down really soon for the good of you all.

I admire your courage Elzabet, is not easy to say, to admit some things
and I feel very sad for your pain, the one in the past and the one in the present.

God brings you peace and love.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Continued prayers, Elzabet.

luvyanez said...

The Lords says in His Word, "that greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." Beth, the Lord has your back, your front, in fact, the Lord has all of you. His blood covers you. I am proud of you and proud to call you my "little sis." Oh yeah, I have your back as well - smile! People who spew evil from their lips forget that they will reap what you sow. Luvya! Nez

luvyanez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elzabet said...

Thank you, Big Sis! I've learned a lot from you over the years, not the least of which was to lean on God, always. ~hugs~