27 December 2008

I Sometimes Wish

...Things were different.

...That plans I thought I once had would come to pass.

...That dreams I once shared were still shared.

But the Destroyer came and destroyed.

Truly the thing that I fear[ed] c[a]me upon me,
and what I dread[ed] bef[e]ll me.
Job 3:25

But Jesus came that I might have life in Him.

"...The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."
John 10:10

Abundant life...But...Maybe not abundant in ways I understand right now. I want to understand. I need a lot of help with that today...

Relevant Verses
Job 3:25
John 10:10

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

God's concept of "abundance" is not our concept. We think of lots of love, food, friends, clothing, money to pay for the necessities of life. God thinks of abundance of Life. It's the "Life" that we don't know and about which it is our task to learn.

Chickory said...

Abundance is a quasi mathematical word. Generally it has a positive conotation. One would not be misspoken in saying an abundance of troubles as it merely references to a many multiplied amount. If we are good fertile then we have that capacity germinate seed and bring forth a harvest.
Goodness or villiany is in the seed it will be evident in the fruit.