For there is nothing hidden, except to be disclosed; nor is anything secret, except to come to light.
Mark 4:22
This is so true. Deception always comes to light, whether you are deceiving yourself or trying to deceive others. Whenever I pretend that I am all right, that what I am doing is fine and good, that what I want is what God wants, I really need to check myself. My heart can't be my guide, the Lord says the heart is "perverse" or "desperately wicked" depending on which translation you use.
The heart is devious above all else;
it is perverse—
who can understand it?
10I the Lord test the mind
and search the heart,
to give to all according to their ways,
according to the fruit of their doings.
Jeremiah 17:9-10
What I need is to rely on the Lord's renewal of my heart, not my own judgment of what is and what is not good (Proverbs 16:2, 25). Until my mind and heart are renewed, I cannot know the good and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-3) and so I need not think I am all that wise, lest I fall (Proverbs 16:18).
Then there will be no need for keeping secrets or to planning deception. My heart will be light because it will truly be renewed, my eyes clear and my countenance lifted.
I don't expect this state to come this side of heaven, although I do think that it is possible to come closer and closer to it. It is a race to be run and finished well, not won. This is not a competition because my path, narrow and difficult though it may be, is no one else's and I cannot run on anyone else's path. My sin is my own to deal with before the Lord.
Amazing...This post started out as one thing and became something entirely different. Glory to God and Lord have mercy on me a sinner.
Relevant Verses
Mark 4:21-22
Jeremiah 17:9-10
Romans 12:1-3
Proverbs 16:2, 18, 25
No comments:
Post a Comment