01 September 2010

Happy New Year!

Icons of Creation 
In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him and without Him not one thing came into being.
John 1:1-3

You who created all things in Your infinite wisdom, and set the times by Your own authority, grant Your Christian people victories. Blessing our comings and goings throughout this year, guide our works according to Your divine will.
GOArch.org

Another New Year. As usual, I am rather optimistic about whatever is to come but not so much that I lose sight of reality. Live in the real and name the lies is one of my favorite quotes and I try to live by it. This has been a good year in spite of some of the things that have happened to and around me. Sometimes I wonder if the "dramedy" will ever stop. However, the drama does not come from God (Isaiah 54:4-6; 11-17) and He promised me that He will see me through it all (Ruth 2:10-13, 3:11). 

I hang on to that promise with both hands and all my toes some days. LOL!

As the Lord only completed one part of creation at a time, I can only take one day at a time, one project at a time. Multi-tasking is a recipe for disaster with me. I know folks think that doing a bunch of stuff all at once is a virtue these days but it's not for me. If I want something done right, I need to concentrate on that one thing. So I've decided to stop trying to "create" multiple half-done messes and work on making one thing at a time "good". I guess you can say that is my "New Year's Resolution" (except I resolved to not do resolutions anymore ~snicker~).

As time has marched on, I do see progress, in spite of my resolution not to have resolutions. I see the continued development of dispassion  within me that God began last year. I see the achievement of goals that I set for myself in many areas of my life--personally and professionally. I see places where I have overcome fear--of circumstance, of people, whatever. I also see places that need A LOT of improvement. With God's grace, I will continue to see improvement. 

So, I'm enjoying this one-day-at-a-time journey I'm on with God. I know I kick and scream and get side-tracked regularly (Ooooh! Squirrel!) but He has the ability to put me back where I belong among those who want to journey with me. I am so grateful to and for those who have been with me thus far. (The Lord bless them for their willingness to put up with me!) 

So here's to this new year! My God give us all grace!

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

Relevant Reading
The Beginning
Speaking the Truth in Love
The Ecclesiastical New Year

No comments: