I'm almost afraid to have them. No, that's true. It's not "almost"...I'm totally scared spitless.
Suffice to say that I am happier and more content than I have been in a very long time and I want to stay this way. I prayed recently that "the joy may continue if You will it" and it has. And escalated. I don't know what to do. I keep wondering what I should do and what I should say and what if this and what if that....
Then I remembered that the king in the movie, The King and I ((1956)) once said to Anna, "When one does not know what to say, it is a time to be silent." I think that applies here as well. To paraphrase, When one does not know what to do, it is a time to be still.
Do not be afraid, stand firm, and see the deliverance that the Lord will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you see today you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.’
Exodus 14:13-14
Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so you will live in the land, and enjoy security.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light,
and the justice of your cause like the noonday.
Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;
do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
over those who carry out evil devices.
Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath.
Do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For the wicked shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.
Psalm 37:3-9
No comments:
Post a Comment