04 October 2008

What the heck?

Seriously, what does "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" actually mean IRL? Sounds to me like it means "I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it and interpret things to mean what I want them to mean to suit what I am doing at the time no matter what."

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

It's one of those very annoying things I hear a lot of these days. Such a very profound way of being neither hot or cold.

4 comments:

Zach D. said...

Spiritual but not religious... It is for the most part, someone who believes in a deity, but chooses not to conform to any orginized religions, I do hope that answers your question.

By the way nice blog, I look forward to seeing future writings.

Mr. Spiritual

Elzabet said...

Thank you very much. I have a question...

What's wrong with "organization"? What does that have to do with anything?

Again, it seems a very profound way of being neither hot nor cold but doing whatever floats your boat.

Zach D. said...

I guess the way I look at it is, well the 19 9/11 hijackers were organized. To be quite honest, lately I see way to much negitivity coming from organized religion, causing way too much needless divisions amongst humanity.
However i do comend you, you do your best to put a postitive light on faith, anyway have a good weekend.

Zach

Elzabet said...

:o) Perhaps, Rabbit. Perhaps. Mother Theresa was organized, too, you know?

Thanks for the good wishes. You do the same.