26 March 2011

Once Upon a Time

A million years ago I was forced to embark upon an adventure I was grossly under-prepared for. I had few if any marketable skills, was suffering from severe low self worth and just generally felt like a failure: at life, at relationships, motherhood, at just about everything I had laid my hand to. I had no idea what I was going to do with myself and honestly, jumping off a bridge onto I-40 so I would not inflict myself on anyone else seemed like a very good idea at the time.

Then God said, "ALL THE ASSEMBLY OF MY PEOPLE KNOW YOU ARE A WORTHY WOMAN."

It has taken me a long time to hear that and believe it. He has given me worth. With and without all the extras that make up what we think are important in the Western world, it is nothing but good to know I have worth in His eyes. I look forward to what He will do, but I know that nothing will be as important to me as the past four years of my life.
And Ruth said, "May I continue to find favor in your sight, my lord,
for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, 
even though I am not one of your servants." 
(Ruth 2:13)

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

Relevant Reading
The Book of Ruth

2 comments:

Mining for Diamonds said...

Wow, Beth!

It has been a joy to watch how you've grown so much in the past few years, how your faith has blossomed, how you've endured so much. In both good times and bad you have maintained a tender, teachable and honest heart towards the Lord and allowed Him to mold you and shape you. You are a beautiful example of His love, grace, mercy, and His amazing ability to work ALL things together for good. You have inspired me and encouraged my faith!!! Bless you, girl! YOu are indeed a worthy woman!!!!

Elzabet said...

Thank you! I know that there are times when I am a hot mess but realizing that He has given me worth in spite of myself is such a blessing to me. He is the one who imparts worth, and anything else is simply more of His grace on top of His grace. I think I get it now! ~smile~