Dryness makes us seek God for Himself. Strengthens our Faith, Hope and Love. Purifies our soul so we can reach for God. Creates a vacuum only God can fill. Increases our thirst for God. Increases our desire for holiness. Helps us practice the Beatitudes. Gives us an appreciation of suffering and leads us to pray without ceasing.
Dryness leads us gently from vocal prayer, where we learn to speak to God; to Meditation, where we think of God; to Contemplation, where our heart merely gazes upon Him with a love too deep for words.
The Gift of Dryness in Prayer, Mother Angelica
I've not gone to confession in a long while. At least since October. I plan to start the new year trying to rectify that. I think a lot of my current problems can be addressed by confessing, taking communion and drawing closer to the Lord. I feel far from Him sometimes. And it has nothing to do with His proximity to me, but with my faith wavering. And my faith is wavering because I've been relying on myself too much the past couple of months.
Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.
See Also
The Dark Night of the Soul, St John of the Cross
No comments:
Post a Comment