"...Time spent is part of living...Slowness, ripening, slowness, dancing; happiness spent in doing, smelling, understanding. If everything is all the time instantaneous, prompt and sudden, then no one is having any time to enjoy! Life becomes a plethora, a glut, a surfeit of instantaneous amusements barely leavening the job, the task, the thing-to-get-through-somehow that life becomes. Who would live a do this, do that, right now, hurry up, finish, all the time finish? Such life has no peace. It is a disease!"I am so very tired of people telling me I can't/shouldn't/need to wait/need to reconsider doing anything fun.
Walking Sunshine, The Companions, p434
For years as a kid, my parents, God bless 'em, told me we couldn't do this that or the other thing for various and sundry reasons. Mainly money.
For years, my ex-husband told me we couldn't do this that or the other thing for various and sundry reasons. Mainly money.
And now I have friends who tell me I shouldn't do this that or the other thing for various and sundry reasons. Mainly money.
Good grief!! When do I get to have some fun? Is life supposed to be all toil-and-work-and- goal-setting-and-what's-the-next-thing-on-The-List-that-needs-to-be-crossed-off-before- anyone-can-do-anything-they-want-to-do-as-long-as-it's-"practical"? I am so sick and tired of hearing that what I want to do is impractical or not timely or whatever other excuse people want to dredge up for me to NOT do something I've dreamed about doing for years.
I'm tired of hearing "No" when it doesn't come from God.
Yes indeed, the Lord might drop Disney tickets with a 5 night stay at an exclusive resort in my lap as His way of telling me "Yes, this is My will for you." Then again He might also pave the way for me to save the money and buy the tickets and go.
Yes, indeed, the Lord might send the perfect dog to me that won't cost me anything but pats on the head and a few doggie biscuits. Then again He might also not stand in the way as I save my money to rescue a dog that might otherwise be put down just because it was #56 and only dogs from 1-55 were adopted before the cut off.
Can't a girl have a little bit of legitimate fun sometimes? Yeesh.
1 comment:
Take it easy. Note that just two days after Confession, you felt this way. Pretty good evidence that the enemy is jealous of you, huh? Note this and remember it for next time and be prepared. Prepared means to know it's coming, expect it, don't beat yourself up over it, pray for help, and Confess again. That's the way It Is.
God gave you intelligence and reasoning ability; we are rational sheep. It's OK to make your own decisions; you are capable of that, and God expects it of you. He also expects you to makes mistakes, realize that you have, and learn from them--just the same things you expect of your son.
Now, go out and have some fun; and you-know-what to the nay-sayers.
Post a Comment