During the liturgy, the deacon chants "Wisdom! Attend!" to remind the congregation to pay close attention because something important is about to be said.
God speaks to me in specific ways that get my attention. I think He must do that for all people. We just need to tune in to whatever channel He speaks to us on. We need to be attentive and constantly listening. I think if He used to speak to you and has stopped, you must still need to be obedient to the last thing He said to do. At least that has been my experience. I'm willing to be wrong. On my channel, God has been nudging me about a few things lately. Gentle nudges. (Now that I understand how He speaks to me, He doesn't have to whack me over the head with a 2x4 to get my attention. Much. ~wink~) There are new things, things I need to do to get ready for this next chapter of my life He has in store for me. And there are things I need to be continually doing that He is reminding me of.
With the Nativity Fast coming up in just a couple of weeks (wow this year has gone by so quickly!!), I can prepare myself even more because even though some of the things I need to do are easy and will be no tribble at all, others will be exactly like peeling my own skin off with a cheese grater.
I think the thing that boosts my anxiety to its highest levels will be creating a livable schedule to deal with the changes in my life that school will bring about. I get fatigued very easily simply because of how I am wired. In spite of that, I need to add in regular, daily, hard exercise. Anyone who knows me knows I don't believe in sweating so that in itself is going to be a major issue. Then I need to put in study time, work, and schooling Gabriel...Whyizzit I can organize everything and everyone else under the sun except my life?
And then there is That Other Thing I'm going to have to come to grips with eventually.
As St Paul says, "I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me."
Lord have mercy on me a sinner.
Relevant Reading
Philippians 4:13
On the Nativity Fast - The Preparation of the Soul
No comments:
Post a Comment