Today the Triodion Begins
Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit
Open to me the door of repentance, O Life Giver,
For my sprirt rises to pray toward Thy Holy Temple
Bearing the temple of my body all defiled;
But in Thy compaasion,
Purify me by the loving kindness of Thy mercy
Both now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen
Lead me on the paths of salvation, O Mother of God,
for I have profaned my soul with shameful sins
and have wasted my life in laziness;
but by thy intercessions
deliver me from all impurity.
Have mercy on my O God according to Thy great mercy
and according to the multitude of Thy compassions,
blot out my transgressions.
When I think of the many evil things I have done;
wretch that I am,
I tremble at the fearful day of judgement,
but trustuing in Thy loving-kindness
like David I cry to Thee: Have mercy on me, O God,
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, O God
according to Thy great mercy.
Relevant Reading
No comments:
Post a Comment