Some fiction books that have affected me (I've read a lot more than 10 fiction books in my lifetime, and during this last year, but these came to mind and the quotes are some of the wisdom I drew from that book):
1. Kushiel's Dart "That which yields is not always weak."
2. The Destroyer Goddess "Impetuous acts and ungoverned passions always cost too much and should never be indulged."
3. Eon Incompetence is inexcusable because it can be remedied.
4. The Sharing Knife: Horizon Don't let fear swallow all your happiness. Don't forget to take joy.
5. Fool's Errand "You should leave off sniffing the carcass of your old life...There is no shame in walking away from bones...nor is there any special wisdom in injuring yourself over and over."
6. Lover Revealed She might not have any clue who she was, but better to be lost and searching than shoved into a social box by someone else.
7. Shalador's Lady Don't fail until you fail.
8. The Broken Kingdoms It's all right to need help. All of us have things we can't do alone.
9. Raven Calls There isn't a day in the year that someone doesn't hold high...There is always a reason to give thanks to God, always a good reason to worship.
10. Aristoi "You are insuffiently serious." "On the contrary. I am quite serious. I am, however, never solemn."
11. Parable of the Sower "Respect God: Pray working. Pray learning, planning, doing. Pray creating, teaching, reaching. Pray working. Pray to focus your thoughts, still your fears, strengthen your purpose. Respect God. Shape God. Pray working."
12. Sourcery “It's vital to remember who you really are. It's very important. It isn't a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for you, you see. They always get it wrong.”
There are so many more. I could spend the next several hours simply writing down all the wisdom I have gained from fiction books, specifically science fiction and fantasy.
Respect God. Pray working.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment