31 May 2018

Let It Be

When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be
And in my hour of darkness She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be...
(Beatles, Let It Be)

I read an article recently that spoke much to me about some of the "knots" I've been asking the Theotokos to untie for me.  Basically, let it be.

NOT "let it go". There is a difference. My life is not a Disney movie. I am no princess. Queen, maybe...but I digress.

Let it be. Let it be truth and joy and wisdom that I portray. Let it be mercy and grace. Exist in the way I know that God has told me to exist and things will be, in spite of me.
"Remember then from what you have fallen;
repent, and do the works you did at first."
~ Revelation 2:5 
"Remember God. Say your prayers. Go to church.
Forgive your brother. Obey the commandments."
~ Fr Thomas Hopko 
Why is this so freakin' hard?

Because I am a sinner. May God have mercy on me.

Relevant Reading
Revelation 2:2-7
"55 Maxims of the Christian Life" ~ Fr Thomas Hopko
How Do We Live in This World
Do All the Things

No comments: